Lampe Berger - Purify The Air in your home
When people visit your home you are inviting them into a space you've created. Having a signature scent in your home is part of your home decor, the atmosphere, the vibe you present. The fragrance of your home can change your mood, your state of mind, and does the same for your guests. When using home fragrance products, you want to make sure that you are using the best quality products to ensure the safety of your indoor air quality.
Maison Berger have spent decades perfecting their Lampe Berger products to safely purify the air in your home. In fact, the system was developed by a French pharmacist over 100 years ago to purify the air in hospitals. In your home you can use it to eliminate odors from pets, cooking, even smoking.
HOW DOES LAMPE BERGER PURIFY THE AIR?
The Lampe Berger isopropyl alcohol burner disinfects and purifies the air by breaking down the impurities on a molecular level. It collects and destroys bacteria and foul odors, and increases the oxygen level.
The catalytic combustion process releases anions (negative ions) into the air, reducing stress, fatigue, improving the immune system, and activating cell renewal. It’s easy to see why hospitals, mortuaries, and households all over the world use Lampe Berger products.
The fragrances in the Lampe Berger fuels are essential oils extracted from plants, and have properties to improve your health and well being.
- Lavender – Helps ease insomnia, relaxes you and lowers your blood pressure. It removes odors, has anti-bacteria and anti-stress properties.
- Eucalyptus – Helps with sinus problems, respiratory illnesses, and is a bacteria buster. Can alleviate the symptoms of the flu and asthma. Removes odors and has anti-stress properties.
- Citronella – Helps ease the pain and symptoms of a migraine. Works as an anti-depressant, and helps remove stress, odors, and bacteria.
- Sandalwood – Relaxes the muscles, and is believed to bring luck and prosperity while removing odors. Has anti-stress and anti-bacterial properties.
- Green Tea– Helps with relaxation, relieves tension, pain, and muscle spasms along with easing stress and removing bacteria from the air.
- Ocean – Helps improve memory. It is also anti-bacteria and anti-stress.
- Patchouli – Therapeutic, helping with depression and relieving stress while removing odor with anti-bacteria and anti-stress properties.
- Verbena – Contains antiviral properties that reduce fevers while helping with insomnia, fatigue, and depression. Also anti-bacteria, and anti-stress.
- Amber – Helps prevent aging, rejuvenates cells, relieves stress, odors, and is anti-bacterial.
- Cedar – Contains medicinal properties that help with digestion and Rheumatism.
HOW TO USE LAMPE BERGER
Here’s a step-by-step guide to freshening your home with your new Lamp Berger:
- Remove the decorative guard, burner cap and wick and fill the lamp about halfway with the lamp fuel using the funnel supplied.
- Replace the wick and leave it for 20 minutes to soak up the fuel.
- Ignite the catalytic burner by holding a lit match or lighter to it and then place the lamp in a safe place for 2 minutes to allow the burner to heat up.
- After 2 minutes, gently blow out the flame. You should notice a light, smokey haze floating from the burner and also be able to smell the fragrance from the fuel.
- Place the decorative guard over the burner and place the lamp in a safe place where it will out of reach of children and pets.
- After 20 to 30 minutes move it to a different room if required.
- When you’re happy that your home is sufficiently freshened, extinguish the lamp by carefully removing the guard and placing the burner cap tightly over the burner. Take care as the guard and the catalytic burner will be very hot.
- Put the decorative guard back on the lamp and store it somewhere until you use it again.
- Hint: extinguish the burner before the lamp fragrance runs out to stop the wick from drying out. This means you won’t have to wait 20 minutes after your next fragrance top-up before lighting your lamp.
If you have been using one fragrance in your lamp and want to switch to another there are two ways to ensure you remove residues of the previous fragrance from the lamp:
- Let the lamp burn until the fragrance just runs out, place the burner cap on until the burner has cooled then remove the wick and allow any remaining fragrance to evaporate until the wick is dry.
- Use Lampe Berger So Neutral in place of a fragrance refill to clean the wick.
Diluting Lampe Berger fragrances
If you find any fragrances too powerful for your liking simply buy a large bottle of So Neutral to dilute it as follows:
- Fill your lamp about 1/3 of the way up
- Add the same amount of So Neutral
If you still find it too strong, add about half the amount of lamp fragrance.